Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today's Hearing on PA Child Labor Laws

ADDED NOTE: Here's the link to watch the tape of the hearings online.


(original post)
15 Minutes has provided a good synopsis of Jodie Kreider's testimony at today's House Republican Policy Committee's hearings on Pennsylvania’s child labor laws as they relate to film and television production, which was streamed live today. I was only able to see Paul Petersen's testimony live and it was very informative as well as heartrending. I've received copies of his testimony as well as that of the Kreiders and the child psychologist R. Gullen and I'll be reviewing them this evening. Attorney Gloria Allred also testified but she did not provide a written copy of her testimony so I was unable to secure that. I've spoken with Representative Murt's office and there may be a way to access the hearings online for those of us who weren't able to watch the live feed. If that happens I'll let you know here. Meanwhile it's reassuring to know that some of our PA lawmakers are taking a look at this important issue.

4 comments:

gosslin watcher said...

I've been lurking here for a while. Love your insights into the Gosselin debacle.

Questions: Do you know whether a transcript of today's hearing will be available online? Also, if you have copies of any testimony from today are you allowed to post it here for us to read?

That may sound silly, but I just have to say, even though I think you have the best of the many Gosselin sites, I want to see stuff with my own eyes and make up my own mind.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for your site. It is an oasis of sanity :-)

GeorgiaMom said...

Looks like the video may be up.

http://www.repmurt.com/Video.aspx

Pamela Jaye said...

thanks for the pointer. I'm sure that's where all the comments landed. I just now made it to Z on TV. My brain is fogged from the pollen today.

NancyB said...

Will the transcripts be made available? I missed both Kreiders and Paul's testimony but heard Gloria's & the excellent psychologist. I would really like to read the transcripts.