Sunday, August 16, 2009

Small Town Jon & Kate Gosselin ~ 3/20/09

March 20, 2009
Jon and Kate and their Eight are the talk of the town. They bought a house about two miles from me, from the obstetrician who delivered our firstborn. Sure, they have a long private gated driveway and according to their neighbors they keep them themselves, but they're still here.

Now, granted, talk of the town doesn't amount to much around here. Wernersville is about three blocks long, with one convenience store with gas pumps, a bakery, the library and the post office. Oh, and a really great gift shop that supports local crafters and artisans. We do boast three pizza shops, which are kept in the black by the developments which have sprung up around us thanks to influx from Phildelphia and other nearby cities. But generally speaking, this ain't no metropolis.

There are lots of tidbits about J&K on the Internet, including tons of haters. In fact there seem to be more haters than fans. Everybody has an opinion about the Gosselins, J&K's relationship, and their parenting. There are lots of online rumors. Jon and Kate are getting divorced. Jon and Kate are money hungry lazy bums. Jon and Kate plan to exploit their kids by making them into actors. Jon and Kate are exploiting their kids by having them grow up on camera. Kate's a bitch and Jon's whipped.Funny how we never hear positive rumors, isn't it? Just for once I'd like to hear "Jon and Kate have pledged to give half of their income to Big Brothers of America." "Kate does all her own housework." "Jon and Kate are big tippers." What is it about us that makes us so entranced with the dirt and so bored by the good stuff?

So far I haven't had a J&K spotting of my very own, but it's probably only a matter of time. We share the same post office and they have to gas up their cars somewhere. They must be hard to miss since they have cameras following them everywhere and everyone in camera shots has to sign permission slips to not be gray-blobbed out of the show. I'll keep you posted.

Blair said...
I think that the reason there are so many "haters" is that the rumors became so loud and great in number that it became hard to deny that something with that family isn't right. This is corroborated by their behavior on the show. I would love to hear a positive rumor, though. I truly hope and pray that the state of that family is not as it appears on screen.
March 20, 2009 8:07:00 PM EDT

Robin said...
You wanted to hear me rant and go all psycho, didn't you? Just admit it. I'm going to foil your evil plans, though. I'm going to be a real lady, and not go off on how the hell could insurance pay for infertility treatments for a couple who already have 2 kids, or how incredibly entitled they are, practically demanding help from everyone because they chose to have a bunch of kids. Lastly, I'll never ever point out that they were two losers going nowhere, and the only thing they have going for them is having a bunch of fetuses at the same time. Oh, man, am I nice.
March 20, 2009 11:29:00 PM EDT

Werny Gal said...
When I hear a positive rumor I'll let you know. But so far, although I've heard things from several people in my community who have had various direct contacts with them, it's all nasty. Maybe some people have actually had pleasant contacts with them, and just choose to not share about them? (I'm a hopeless optimist, can't you tell? :)
March 20, 2009 11:32:00 PM EDT

Werny Gal said...
Thanks Robin, I knew I could count on you to be a lady! We have to have breakfast so I can tell you all the shit that's been flyin'. We can trade horror stories.In all fairness, I don't watch the show, because I saw a couple in the beginning and thought they were boring. (I like all the dramatic women and gays over at Bravo. Now THAT'S good television, imo.) I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually watch some Jon and Kate for myself.
March 20, 2009 11:37:00 PM EDT

Wendy said...
I haven't seen the show yet. There is a family of 18?? or so that has a show near where I live in AR. I can't even imagine.Have you seen Small Town Snapshot Sunday? You might like that since you're living in a small town like me!
March 22, 2009 12:38:00 PM EDT

Deb said...
I have watched the show, and there is nothing positive to say about Jon and Kate...I would love to say that they have donated to different organizations, or charities, but the truth is they haven't....I would love to say Kate cleans her house, but, she doesn't, as a matter of fact she lies about the help she does have and get.IMHO, this show is based on lies...Oh wait, I do have something to say nice about Jon, he looks like a very good, and loving father, he takes time with his children, and he lets them be kids....which is really nice to see, as the boys are afraid to get dirty, what kid hates to get dirty let alone 3 boys??I am sorry Polly, the only reason why you have not heard anything positive about Kate, cause there is nothing positive to say about her...But this is just a tip, if I were her, I would be afraid, Easter is coming, and she looks like one big orange carrot, I wouldn't buy any bunnies for the kids if I were her!!!!
March 22, 2009 7:07:00 PM EDT

Werny Gal said...
OMG Deb, that is hilarious! According to the locals, Kate manipulates to get everything fro free. A trustworthy source who works for the newspaper told me they were offered $100,000 to use Graco strollers for one season on the show but they turned it down because they got a better offer. She gets money for everything. it's all about product placement. So maybe she got free tanning from a local salon?A friend is coming to visit from ohio and we're going to go take ridiculous pictures of ourselves in front of their driveway. Come back the second week in April for the silliness. Maybe we'll get run off the property and start a riot...woohoooo!
March 22, 2009 7:53:00 PM EDT

Deb said... You are going into my favorites....I can't wait to see the pics...According to what I have heard, you just may be run off the property, You rebel.... Miss Katie Irene does nothing unless there is some monetary value attached to it....And it will go to the highest bidder, including her children (Now that is what I call a pimp)...She is one greedy something or other....If you ever watch the show, or reruns, you will hear the lies first hand, she and Jon must not speak often, of coarse I try not to speak to anyone that has taken my donuts and held them captive until I yelled uncle either....Jon obviously hasn't screamed uncle in terror long enough for her.However, Jon makes statements to the press, that does not coordinate with what Katie has to say, I am sure he gets in loads of trouble for that...LOLAnd now we know why his donuts are still being held hostage....And Kate wonders why Jon has to go out and get loaded and tell all the tales of living with Kate...It is either that or go to the nuthouse, and what is the press going to say about that??I can't wait to see the pics...I don't know if you figured it out or not, but, I have a little rebel in me also......
March 22, 2009 9:00:00 PM EDT

Werny Gal said...
Deb, you heathen you! You guys all definitely bring out the devil in me. And I'm a likin' it!
March 22, 2009 9:51:00 PM EDT

Deb said...
LOL....My bad!!!!!Deb
March 22, 2009 10:05:00 PM EDT

Doreen Orion said...
I must say, I'm terribly proud of myself as I've never heard of them.
March 24, 2009 7:21:00 PM EDT

Werny Gal said...
HI Doreen, you're not missing anything, believe me. It's GREAT to hear from you! I haven't been very inspired in BlogLand lately, but I have to pop over and say hi at your blog, and hear of your latest adventures.
March 28, 2009 1:03:00 PM EDT

No comments: