Monday, March 29, 2010

Dancing With Klutzes

I worked late tonight and haven't had time to see the tape of tonight's episode of Dancing With The Stars, but this article from US Magazine online from 40 minutes ago doesn't have much good to say about Kate's second performance. It's got to be very hard on can-do-Kate to receive reviews like this, and it once again proves that those who appear the most confident and in control of their lives can really be the most insecure. It's one thing to go on national talk shows and smile pretty and say you plan to win (not that it's easy to do even that) but to have to then actually live up to that kind of self-promotion has got to be incredibly stressful. Talk about setting yourself up to fail. As my readers know I'm not a huge Kate fan but on the other hand I don't like to see anyone humiliated in public either. I hope she is able to let go of her self-consciousness and let her partner lead her instead of having to be in control, and I hope she can start to have fun and not take it all too seriously. Sometimes you just have to say "screw it" and go with the flow.

1 comment:

Mocha said...

WG,
I can't believe I found a blogger who said what I feel. I don't like to see anyone humiliated either. I hate shows that show videos of people crashing and falling. Isn't that what we hated about the original show? All the eye rolling, bossing, showing the warts of the family?

Even though Kate turns a huge part of the viewing audience off, I really felt sorry for her last night. Check her out on youtube. She's a stinker. I don't understand this joy others take in her humiliation. That's not healthy.

Kate must be the ratings draw because ABC makes her dance last. The ratings for her part of the show were the highest. They are making big cash on Kate Gosselin. I sure hope she has a nice fat paycheck because that is the only way it will be worth the humiliation.

If you hear how much she makes, I'll tell you if I think it was enough, lol! Would you do this for $150,000? If I had 8 kids, no husband, and a huge house to maintain, I might do it for $150,000. Then I'd get a job at Walmart and go quietly away...