Sunday, October 4, 2009

Faster Than a Speeding Kate Gosselin

The story I heard was last Thursday night Jon was "flirting it up" with a server at Wyomissing's Viva, and then after the bar closed he took two (implied hot) girls out to breakfast at 2:30 AM. The following morning he was in Phila at 9 AM for a walk on autism. Then that afternoon he was back in the Reading area, where he "eyed up" the waitresses while having lunch at Hooters.

Here's what bothers me about these reports. What is "flirting it up?" What is "eyeing up?" What's wrong with meeting new people and going out to eat with them after the bars close? And although I am certainly far from a fan of Hooters, let's face it, it ain't about owls.

At this point I really question if Jon can go anywhere without people looking to see if he's trying to stick Mr. Happy somewhere it shouldn't be.

Here's what really offends me: Kate's driver going over 100 MPH to lose photogs the other day, with Kate and the kids in the vehicle. Guess what, Kate? You can't promote yourself all over America and then come home - even to little Wernersville PA - and expect to be invisible. What do you want? Do you want to be a brand, with the photographers and lack of privacy that lifestyle entails? Or do you want to be a regular citizen who can go places without being followed? By now you surely know you can't have it both ways. But whichever way you want it, don't endanger your kids' lives and the life of their mother by playing stupid games with your children inside four tons of steel hurtling at 105 miles per hour.

11 comments:

Jo said...

Going over 100 mph is all 'in the best interest of the kids'? I sure wish this information would get picked up by the media or at least by the courts.

Werny Gal said...

Jo, I have no idea why the speeding hasn't come out in the press. It isn't the first time it's happened. Jon has been known to drive very fast while drunk in order to elude the papparazis (I heard froma reliable source he was going over 90 MPH on the local bypass, while smashed out of his gourd, but she is notorious for it, whether she or her bodyguard are driving, and whether or not the kids are in the car.) It's so crazy! Like the photogs aren't going to be at their destinations when they arrive there anyway!

Judy, I totally agree with you about J&K. Kate's nutsy "my poor children will starve to death" stance makes nme want to giggle, after I'm done slapping her that is. She would do fine concentrating on public appearances and book sales..she doesn't need the show. But if you add up what they've gotten paid for the show, it's over $3 million per year. But bottom line, no matter how much money it is, many parents have eight kids, or even more, and they have regular jobs. Kate was a nurse at the local hospital and Jon was an IT guy, which are better than a lot of peoples' jobs. They could easily make it without J&K+8 continuing if they really wanted to make a priority of having a family instead of a show.

If I EVER see either one of them endangering their children by exceeding the speed limit or driving dangerously, I won't hesitate to call 911 immediately.

Other than that, Team Jon!

Thanks to you both for writing and I hope you'll come back to visit soon!

quietlyconcerned said...

"Kate's driver going over 100 MPH to lose photogs the other day"

Dear God almighty, did Princess Diana die in vain? You don't go those speeds under any circumstances, esp. to avoid the paparazzi. That could have so easily been another tragedy. Yikes.

my9cats said...

It appears Kate has been taking cues from the Princess Diana playbook on media/paps manipulation.

Werny Gal said...

HI Anon and thanks for stopping by. You certainly aren't the only one that feels that way. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but sometimes even I am pushed over the edge. It's also so hard to know what to believe. I am skeptical of anything I read in the tabs anymore. I am much more likely to believe something I hear locally.

JFaye said...

As between the two, IMO, the kids would be better off with Jon. He is not a narcissist and does seem to love them. Kate loves herself first and foremost. In some ways she reminds me of Diane Elizabeth Downs. Jon may be passive and immature, but I think when push comes to shove, he will put his children ahead of his own interests more than Kate will.

Oh, and for everyone who says Jon is a douchebag. Exactly why do you have that opinion? Just curious.

Werny Gal said...

I agree, JFaye. I believe Jon would give up the field of entertainment completely if he had to forthe kids, but Kate? Nothing and no one is going to stop her fro pursueing her own talk show,more books, etc. It is also possible Jpon may not find a place for himself in entertainment. He's supposedly discussing doing a reality show about divorced dads with Lindsay Lohen's father, but Lindsay's father isn't exactly a role model or class act, right? Jonmay have to go back to a regular job or learn to invest well and live off the interest, whereas Kate will not give up herdreams of being a !*StAr*! (KaPowEE!) no matter what.

Werny Gal said...

Wow, sorry about the typos! I'm laying on the couch with the laptop precariously balanced on my knees and it's just too cozy to move!

Polly Kahl said...

I know, NDM, I can't figure it out either. If you wanted to appear credible, classy, or like someone who would be sought after for jobs in entertainment, he's the last person you'd want to be associated with. Go figure. I think it would be very hard for Jon to go back to being a regular citizen, like it is for a lot of people once they've worked in the public eye. But hanging out with Lohan is definitely not the way to go. Especially if you want to be seen as a good parent! Hellooooo!

TVsnark said...

It's nice to see a site that doesn't trash Jon. He's made some very stupid decisions but deep down I believe he was an abused man too.

Watching how Kate treated him reminded my of my former marriage. Kate will never be happy and nobody will ever be able to please her.

Werny Gal said...

"Kate will never be happy and nobody will ever be able to please her."

I agree. She could have the success of Oprah and still not be satisfied.