Monday, January 11, 2010

New Lives, New Loves?

A reader asked me if it's true Kate is dating a Reading Royal. I was unable to confirm this tidbit, but I have to admit it sounds somewhat far-fetched. I mean, hometown team rah rah rah and all that, but would Kate really settle for a Reading Royal? No matter how big the fish, Berks County seems to be way too small of a fishbowl for her taste. (What with the phony blonde hair extensions and all, could wrangling tickets to red carpet events with Hollywood B-listers be far behind?)

I also heard that Jon is staying in Utah with his new girlfriend Morgan Christie, 25, and her wealthy family, since he's been padlocked out of his NYC apartment. Also heard - disappointing news if it's true - Jon is negotiating with TLC to give them permission to tape the kids again, in exchange for having his monthly $10,000 child support payments reduced.

I am unclear on how Jon's child support payments would be related to any contract he negotiates with TLC. Why would the court lower his payments based on his working or not working out a new contract with TLC? The court is a legal entity and TLC is a commercial entity. So remember to take into consideration that this is just what I heard.

From my understanding Jon was locked out of his NYC apartment due to being unable to pay his rent. I still can't understand why Jon is paying child support payments instead of Kate. After all, she's the co-author or author of a couple of books, has had many more speaking engagements than he has over the years, and in general has made more money than Jon has all along. Good lord, at speaking engagements she charged $20 a piece for autographed photos. Is that highway robbery, or what? Plus she had the financial advantage in the past year of knowing more about their finances than Jon did, since handling the family finances has traditionally been her duty.

Speaking of Jon's apartment, reports are that he is accusing ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman of being behind the ransacking. I always thought it sounded like someone who knew Jon and had a vendetta against him - an ordinary burglar wouldn't have left anything so personal as the butcher knife calling card. You know what they say - hell hath no fury like an ex-soulmate-Ed-Hardy-wearing-globe-trotting-girlfriend scorned.

Just when we thought the dust was settling...

14 comments:

Slamdunk said...

It makes me sad to that I everytime I pass a certain discount store's book area, I see this couple's book from a few years ago celebrating their lives--an unfortunate situation for those little ones.

co said...

I've wondered too about the story of Jon paying such high much child support. It doesn't make sense and that's when I remind myself that the info was released by Kate's side and most of it is rumors anyway. So, I'm discounting it and relying on common sense using the points you made about her income, etc. and concluding it's based on income and assets and we have an idea what that is.

Will Kate's new 'do' fit in with the look of other area residents?

co said...

IF Jon is negotiating w/TLC to let the kids be filmed again I'll be sick to my stomach. UGH However, nothing either of them does can surprise me anymore. As for TLC being involved in his support payments being reduced -- perhaps if he permits the filming of the kids again, he'll be paid by TLC and use that money to pay his support. IDK

Werny Gal said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting, everyone. Co, will Kate's new "do" fit in here? It hardly matters, since she doesn't have anuthing to do with the locals anyway! She shops at Target at Broadcasting Square and gets coffee at Starbucks over on State Hill Road, but it's not like she hangs out in Wernersville or anything. As far as I know she's alienated or left all of the friends she had when she worked at Reading Hospital and lived in Wyomising. But if she did want to hang out, I think this haircut actually fits in better than the old one. We have some very pretty and stylish women here in Berks County. And most of them aren't even beeoches...;)

kamilleon said...

What do you think about the People article that states the kids will be getting counseling and that they have found someone willing to come to them?

Werny Gal said...

IMO: Counseling for the kids? Yes. Counselor coming to them? No. It's just another message to the kids that they are special, different. I can understand them not wanting to be followed as they go to the counselor's office, but then they should bow out of attracting attention to themselves. Kate getting fake hair and being on the cover of People is not going to help them live a normal life. If they stopped doing things like that, the family would gradually fade into obscurity and be able to have normal lives again. But that will never happen, because Kate is too fame-driven. I don't think she's ever going to be satisfied with being "normal" again, because she was always narcisistic and demanding, and now that all this attention, money and noteriety has gone to her head she's becoming a flaming famewhore. Five years ago she was just a high maintenance nag. Now she's a high maintenance nag who thinks she's a star. And based on what? Being on a "reality" show for popping out a litter of babies? Does this involve talent?

xx said...

While I am very sorry to hear that Jon is/may be in negotiations with TLC to put the kids back on TV ... I can't say that I am surprised. Actually I'm surprised that it's taken this long; I think most people have expected this negotiation to come about sooner rather than later. He's broke. He has no job, no income. I would guess that he DOES have substantial child support payments. They base that calculation in PA on prior year's earnings, and can also include earnings potential. Some fathers have been known to avoid a job, i.e. remain on unemployment, in order to try to lower or eliminate child support. So the child support people can choose to base the amount owed/due to the kids on what the parent SHOULD be making with prior earnings as the basis. Jon made xx dollars while making JK8 - the courts could have said, that's what you have to pay, you COULD still have that "job" but for your own interferance. But in this situation, that simply sucks. Those kids deserve their privacy, and their father, more than they need the child support funds. Sucks.

Werny Gal said...

Thanks for stopping by, dhwh. But why would Jon have to pay child support when Kate is the higher earner? Is it because she has primary custody and he only has visitation? Looking forward to hearing what you think.

IATK said...

Hi. Where did you hear that Jon is negotiating with TLC to put the kids on TV again? Is it a reliable source or just rumor? Thanks!

Werny Gal said...

Hi liv and thanks for visiting. I heard it from a local who has some connections to Jon.

IATK said...

Thanks, Werny Gal. I would really, really hate to see that happen. I'm sure Jon is feeling very pressured and TLC has pulled out the stops to totally destroy him, but I sure hope he thinks twice about this. If he thinks of the kids first, he won't do this. I wish there was some way or someone that would expose TLC and Kate for what they're doing to him. Money is power...and TLC has the money. I hate them.

xx said...

The child support is going to be formulized (lol - is that a word?) But I would be willing to be they went by both J & K's earnings from LAST year, in which case it would be mostly equal. Then they'd look at custody, as in OVERNIGHT custody. If Kate has the kids for a greater amount of "overnights" - even if its just on paper - then Jon would pay additional money. It's all speculation, of course. All I know comes from my own and my current hubby's own PA divorces, custody situations, child support payments, etc. In hubby's case, he had 3 overnights/week, ex-wife had 4. They both made about the same amount of money. Hubby paid over $500/month in support. So, times eight ..... we only know what the rumors have been regarding Jon's support pymts, but I can see how it COULD happen.

Anonymous said...

It's my opinion that Kate pays Jon alimony and from that he pays her child support

Anonymous said...

Ummm...it's traditional for the NON custodial parent to pay child support. That's why Jon needs to get off his back end, get a real job and start paying for those kids he participated in creating.